- Block "O" – the official student section for Ohio State sports founded in 1938 and known for card antics
- The Lantern – official, daily student-run campus newspaper
- Ohio Stater – a member of Ohio Staters, Inc. Now coed, the honorary was all male when Brutus was created in 1965
- 'Shoe – Ohio Stadium, referring to its original horseshoe shape
- Skull Session – Seated band practice in St. John Arena two hours prior to game time
- TBDBITL – Ohio State Marching Band, lovingly called The Best Damn Band in the Land
- TTUN - The Team Up North, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. Ohio State’s arch rival.